“It is a happy talent to know how to play.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
IF YOU HAVE A 2015-16 OR 2016-17 HHBH COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP,
PLEASE * DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT * IN THE NEW SYSTEM.
- Accounts for all current members have been automatically created and account details and memberships have already been imported into the accounts.
- If you already have a 2016-2017 Family Membership but create a new account, you will end up purchasing another community association membership for the current membership year (the fees for which are non-refundable.)
- Login details for these accounts have been sent out to all current members to the email address that was previously used for registration.
- Alternatively, you can attempt to access your new account by accessing the new site at http://activenetca.active.com/hhbh, selecting Sign In and then clicking on the "Forgot Password?"
- Your username is the email address you previously used for registration. If you did not provide an email address previously or find that you are otherwise unable to access your account, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- After logging into the system please visit the My Account section and ensure birth dates for each of your family members are correct *BEFORE* attempting to register them in any activities.
- Incorrect demographic may prevent you from completing registrations.
MWF & TTH AM classes: 9:00 - 11:30 AM (3-5 yr olds)
MWF & TTH PM classes: 1:00 - 3:30 PM (3-5 yr olds)
The following fees apply to the 2016-17 HHBH Playschool year:
* Upon registration, each family is required to pay a non-refundable $50 Registration Fee, and a $50 Classroom Cleaning Fee. Also since we are part of the Hounsfield Heights Briar Hill Community Association each family is required to purchase a $20 Community Association membership. Credit and debit payments are accepted. *
* The playschool experience helps build a child's early learning foundation. Should financial hardship impact your child's opportunity to attend playschool, please review the following Online Information and Subsidy Application, and contact our Registrar for further assistance.
* Our program runs from September to June in accordance with the CBE Calendar.
Play-based learning is the foundation in our classroom. Children best learn to problem solve, negotiate social relationships, develop self-regulation and build emotional and academic intelligence through play. Children are given the opportunity to freely play through activities to engage the whole child: mentally, socially, physically and emotionally.
✓ Greeting - Child helper assists teacher in welcoming classmates upon arrival
✓ Free play - Blocks, puzzles, books, science, drama, listening/audio, water & sand tables, playdough, painting, crafts.
✓ Tidy-up - Children are encouraged to participate.
✓ Gym time - Class has use of school gymnasium on a regular basis.
✓ Snack time - Parent helper for the day provides a healthy snack for all children.
✓ Circle time and sharing - Children listen, share and participate in songs, finger plays, felt stories, books and games. Child helper takes a turn at show & tell.
✓ Program enrichment - Classroom visitors (firefighter, librarian), music, science activities.